Options

Convert SQL Database Connections (Legacy) Error

michaelglovenmichaelgloven RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 46 Guru
I've successfully connected RM Studio 9.2 to several databases (SQL & WA Security enabled) in SQL Server 2014 using Windows Authentication. Upon upgrading to 9.3 Studio I see that previous connections will be deprecated and there is a "convert" button to migrate current connections to 9.3. After converting each connection, I run the test connection and get the following error. Are there further instructions to resolve this issue, note in Advanced I have IntergratedSecurity set to "true".

This driver is not configured for integrated authentication. ClientConnectionId:9c9a530e-c62e-494a-8231-b64cb1c344f8
Tagged:
1 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

Solved - see below. RM-4127

Comments

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello @michaelgloven, nice to see you again!

You are having issues with the SQL Server included jar, normally found in the %RAPIDMINER_PATH%\lib\jdbc\sqljdbc-4.2.jar file. Can you share with us the operating system you are using and if you were using another SQL Server driver, such as the Microsoft one?

BTW, this seems like a bug, calling @sgenzer, @mschmitz, @pschlunder.

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • Options
    thanks Rodrigo!

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, but not sure about which drivers are being used with my various applications - except for the fact I use sqljdbc-4.2.jar for RM 9.3
  • Options
    ok, I restarted my pc and rapidminer and today I have no errors with the database connections. So, not sure of root cause and sorry for wasting everyone's time. All is working and this issue with my instance is closed.
  • Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Well, so far I did my own research and it seems it's an old error with the JDBC driver, some people on StackOverflow could date it back to 2005. For unknown reasons, sqljdbc_auth.dll doesn't load properly, and the solution is... restarting the database and the app, and ultimately restart the computer so that it can load the path to that file.

I think it might not be a waste of time after all. Let's hope this helps future generations.

All the best and great to see you again,

Rodrigo.
  • Options
    jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 144 RM Engineering
    I think this might relate to the fact that you need to restart your computer after you upgrade to 9.3 (there should also be a pop-up when updating that this is the case).
    The reason is that with the new connection management, we also had to touch the "RapidMiner Studio.exe" which is only replaced after a restart of the computer. But good to hear that it is resolved.
    And thanks @rfuentealba for finding the underlying cause as it seems!
    Cheers
    Jan