Options

Replace(Dictionary) is changing two attributes with similar values. How do I stop this?

JGrace16JGrace16 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello!
I am using the Replace(Dictionary) operator to have two attributes get their values changed into the same thing when they are not the same thing. For instance, I have a value that is A12 and I want it to be changed into "Less than 500DM" then I have another value that is A121 and I need that to say "No Property". But A121 is only saying Less than 500DM. How can I get it to read the other number after the 12?

Answers

• Options
    kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    You could use the regular expression option. This allows you to force a full match. Using \bA121\b would than match only exact matches. The \b part would mark a word boundary, like spaces or puntuations etc.

Apart from flagging the regex option on your replace operator, and adding the boundary symbol to the troublemakers it should be the only changes to make.

Another option is the order. If A121 is above A12 it will first match A121, so that should be fine also, but it may be more complex to capture all of the possible options compared to using fixed boundaries.