"Cannot select Group by Attribute with Aggregation Operator"

cschiecschie Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi folks,

Trying to get into RapidMiner 5.0.

I encpuntered the following problem: I cannot select any attributes in the Aggregation operator. If I use the GUI it doesn't display any attributes to select. And if I try to modify the code by hand it get's reseted to this state
     <operator activated="true" class="aggregate" expanded="true" height="76" name="Aggregate" width="90" x="849" y="345">
       <list key="aggregation_attributes">
         <parameter key="Temp" value="average"/>
       </list>
     </operator>
without any group by attribute after execution.

Any advice? (Did I mention I was new... ;-) )

Thanks,
Chris
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    since the beta version was published many bugs have been removed, so I'm not sure if there ever was a problem in this operator. But if you could send me the complete process, in the best case with data only being generated, so that I can execute it immediately, I can check if I can reproduce it or what's your problem.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • cschiecschie Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Hi Sebastian,

thanks for the reply.
    It works with data generated. The metadata gets passed on. But I read fom Access and no metadata gets generated by "Read Access.output". You can reconstruct that simply by attaching a Read Access directly to a Aggregate operator.

I got the message "Cannot create example set meta data. File cannot be null." Though I assigned a file and specified all the parameters correctly. It gets read in by other operators which seem not to need specified meta data.

Probably something obvious...

Thanks,
    Chris
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    ok, thank you for this report. I will check this.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    Hi,
    this is correct. For getting the meta data from an access file you would have to read it, but MetaData transformations must rely on quick operators, so that this is not possible. To avoid these problems, the repository was introduced. You could import the file, so that the meta data can be stored there for further use.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • cschiecschie Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Hi Sebastian,

thanks for the great help.

Yeah, the repository is really a milestone for Rapidminer ;-)

Chris