Hierarchical Classification

mattia_fumagallmattia_fumagall Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited September 2019 in Help
Dear All,
The following process performs a hierarchical classification on Iris.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<process version="5.3.008">
  <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
  </context>
  <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
      <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve Iris" width="90" x="45" y="30">
        <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Iris"/>
      </operator>
      <operator activated="true" class="hierarchical_multi_class_classification" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" height="76" name="Hierarchical Classification" width="90" x="179" y="30">
        <list key="hierarchy">
          <parameter key="versicolor_virginica" value="Iris-versicolor"/>
          <parameter key="versicolor_virginica" value="Iris-virginica"/>
          <parameter key="root" value="Iris-setosa"/>
          <parameter key="root" value="versicolor_virginica"/>
        </list>
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="support_vector_machine" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" height="112" name="SVM" width="90" x="179" y="30"/>
          <connect from_port="training set" to_op="SVM" to_port="training set"/>
          <connect from_op="SVM" from_port="model" to_port="model"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_training set" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_model" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
      <connect from_op="Retrieve Iris" from_port="output" to_op="Hierarchical Classification" to_port="training set"/>
      <connect from_op="Hierarchical Classification" from_port="model" to_port="result 2"/>
      <connect from_op="Hierarchical Classification" from_port="example set" to_port="result 1"/>
      <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
      <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
  </operator>
</process>
It works fine but if I apply the model to an exampleset, the result is not showing the hierarchical labels --just the original labels (iris-*). Is there a way to make the prediction use the parent labels too --like another column?
I found an old solved topic in the fourm (https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/23296/solved-hierarchical-classification-operator) where it is said that:
unfortunately that is not possible with a single operator. It is possible to build a custom process that creates hierarchical labels, but that is way more complex.
Please, have you any suggestion on how to to set up the custom process?
Thank you in advance for your help!
Best regards,
Mattia
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• mattia_fumagallmattia_fumagall Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Thanks Brian, I see and I guess that with my current RapidMiner skills it would be a little bit difficult to set up... :-/ I checked around and I did not find any example process to start from... If you have any sample file suggestion from which I can start It would be super...

BTW, thanks in advance,
    Best,
    Mattia
  • VidCooVidCoo Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Hello guys! I made some modifications in your process. I added a Cross-Validation operator and a testing dataset, splitting original data in 70% / 30%. Then it works, but I don't understand the Performance Operators. Because when you see the Model results, it seems like a binary classification for each node, but when you see the Performance the confusion matrix shows the three classes. Could you explain me which one is the "testing" results?

PD: This is the modified XML.