Output filter example like macro

vsantospvsantosp Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello

I want to convert the output parameter of my process into a macro so I can use it during the whole process. My process have the next elements:

Retrieve - Example filters - Select Atributtes - ??? <- this output parameter is that I want to convert

The module 'Example filters' use macros too, but this macros are atributtes that I write in the web services in my process in Rapidminer Studio.Β 

Anyone knows?

Thanks

Answers

• MarlaBotMarlaBot Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 57 Community Manager
  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Your question is not clear to me.
    Which value exactly do you want to have as Macro?
    What do you mean by output parameter?

Happy mining,
    Edin
  • vsantospvsantosp Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    Hello!

The output parameter is the result of the example set and thisis the value that I want to convert to Macro.

Thanks
  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @vsantosp
    Still not very clear. Let me show you what I understood:
    You want to have the value of an Attribute as macro.

Assuming the ExampleSet looks like the one below (1 Attribute with the name "data" and 1 example with the value "value").
    You use the Operator Extract Macro and set the parameters accordingly (see second screenshot).

Was this helpful?

Happy mining,
    Edin

Hi!

That value is not a constant. It depends on other macros defined in the filter. And the output parameter comes from a join, with the filters previously applied and come from two retrieves with different associated databases. So my problem is that I want to convert the output of the last module, which is a select attributte, into a macro.

I tried doing it with "extract macro" but it does not work.

Any solutions?

Thanks

:)

A Macro can only contain one value.
    If you want to have several values you either need to have several macros or find a way to put all values in this cell.

From your last comment I deduct that you want to save all values of the process output.
    If this output is one attribute you can for example use Aggregate with Concatenation. Then you get "value1 | value2 | ..."
    If the resulting Attribute is different for various executions you need to come up with a renaming strategy.

If we are not going in the right direction maybe you can show an example output and what you want to have in your macro.

Happy mining,
    Edin

Hello
    I'm going to try to explain my process to you because it does not let me attach photos because I recently joined the community.

I have done a process to extract things from the tables of the moodle databases to make some indicators. Then, depending on the moodle course I choose and the forum / wiki that I want to see, it takes out some values ​​or others. From there, I made a web services, which passes as parameters the course and the forum / wiki and filters me according to those parameters. But my problem is that within the submodules that make up those indicators there are some parameters that depend on the course and forum and that is what I want to put with the macro. The course number and forum / wiki are already passed as a macro.
    My process of creating those macros dependent on the course and wiki / forum consists of the following modules:

Retrieve -> Filter examples -> Select attributes -> X : this parameter I want to convert in macro to use in the all process.

Thanks

Hi @vsantosp ,
    regarding screenshots: Copy&Paste does not work here. Did you try save the screenshot on your computer and upload the file?

Can you maybe also attach the RapidMiner process? It has the ending .rmp. If you don't know the location you can rightclick on the process in the repository and click "Open in file browser".
    Let's see if we can help you here.
    Happy mining,
    Edin

Hello

I can not attach any photo or any project or copy any url, the error I get is the following:
    'You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.'

Could you help me with my process, please?

Thanks

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @vsantospI have boosted your ranking. You can post screenshots now.

Scott

Okey, thanks.

This is my subprocess... but not works the module 'extract macro'.
    Good, so it seems applying Macros is clear to you since you use them in extracting data from moodle.

So what I now understand is that you want to somehow save the output/result of "Select Attributes" (bubble 'exa') in some way and reuse it in a different place. This output is an ExampleSet / a table which you cannot put in a Macro.
    What you can do is using Store & Retrieve or, if you reuse it in the same process, using Remember & Recall. The latter only makes an in-memory copy of the table.

If this does not help, maybe you can show an example what you want to have in the Macro and how and where you want to reuse it.
    Happy mining,
    Edin

P.S.
    You can also add a process as XML code in forum posts.
    View your process in the XML panel of RapidMiner Studio & copy the code. In the forum, when you enter a text, click on the icon directly to the left of the emoji icon and select Code. There you can easily past the XML.