How do i get the username under which a process is executing?

PBMPBM Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
Hi, I am relatively new to RapidMiner and currently using it to load data to RedShift. 
I need to log the username under which a process is executing. I will later on log that username and datetime in a log table. 
I have trouble getting the username as a macro. I got some reference that I maybe able to use %{_ra_user}  but I get an error that _ra_user is unknown. Any guidance or working sample process would be appreciated.

Thank You
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    Hi @PBM ,
    I recommend you to check this:
    https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/getting-started/macros.html
    It is about how to use macros. Generally you can find lot of things explained into DOCS.
    Hope it helps.

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

_ra_user is only available if you run processes on server.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • PBMPBM Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Hi,

If _ra_user is only available on server, I believe I will have to use error handling when I am in development mode and using RM Studio. I will try it.

Thank You
  • PBMPBM Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    I used the handle exception operator and it works fine for now. Then I will test on server later. Will check also to give it default value, if that allows me to avoid error handling.

Thanks