Multi label classification

divya_dasdivya_das Member Posts: 14 Newbie
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

Does RapidMiner support Multi-label classification? We have a use case in which we have a set of feature columns and multiple target columns. Each target column will be a classification label. 
This is different from multi-class classification with one target column and multiple classes.

In auto-model I saw that we can only select one column with role as 'label'.

Regards,
Divya
Tagged:

Best Answer

• tftemmetftemme Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 164 RM Research
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

Currently RapidMiner does not support Multi-label classification easily. You could use Loop over your label attributes, set the current to Label role, train a model on it and collect the models. This has to be done of course in the process designer, as it is a too specific setup for AutoModel.

With 9.4.0 we will release a Multi Label Model which is capable of exactly doing this 'looping' over the label attributes in more convenient way. See also this thread: https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/55735/set-two-featurs-as-label-at-the-same-time for more details.

Hopes this helps, 
    Best regards,
    Fabian

Answers

• divya_dasdivya_das Member Posts: 14 Newbie
    Thank you Fabian.

• MarlaBotMarlaBot Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 57 Community Manager
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    Nice work on the MarlaBot, it should become unicorn soon!
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    LOL @SGolbert actually I cringe half the time I see MarlaBot's posts. Of course right now it's doing nothing but creating a training set :wink: #dogfooding

Scott

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    I would feel better if it would respond only if after some days no one has bothered to answer (or perhaps the post was too vague or too broad)
  • tftemmetftemme Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 164 RM Research
    To update on this. As stated, since 9.4.1 RM contains now the 'Multi Label Modeling' operator to train a model for multiple label attributes. There are also the operators 'Multi Label Performance' (for evaluating the performance of such a model), and the 'Multi Horizon Forecast' and 'Multi Horizon Performance' operator which handles the time series related multi label operations.

Best regards,
    Fabian
  • divya_dasdivya_das Member Posts: 14 Newbie
    Thank you Fabian.