🦉 🎤   RapidMiner Wisdom 2020 - CALL FOR SPEAKERS   🦉 🎤

We are inviting all community members to submit proposals to speak at Wisdom 2020 in Boston.

Whether it's a cool RapidMiner trick or a use case implementation, we want to see what you have.
Form link is below and deadline for submissions is November 15. See you in Boston!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO ENTRY FORM

Error when installing Rapidminer Stuidio in Ubuntu 164

danielunesp02danielunesp02 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I am trying to install Rapidminer Studio ubuntu 16.04 and I`m getting this error:

~/rapidminer-studio$ ./RapidMiner-Studio.sh
RAPIDMINER_HOME is not set. Trying the directory '/home/daniel/Downloads/rapidminer-studio'...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DatatypeConverter
at com.rapidminer.license.verification.JarVerifier.verify(JarVerifier.java:130)
at com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher.main(GUILauncher.java:284)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter
at jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass([email protected]/BuiltinClassLoader.java:366)
at jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass([email protected]/ClassLoaders.java:185)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass([email protected]/ClassLoader.java:419)
... 2 more

Best Answer

• zl1775zl1775 Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted

Assuming you are using openjdk9, add the following line to the shell script

--add-modules=java.xml.bind

right after 

eval \"$JAVA\"

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Team Lead Software Engineering Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,810   RM Engineering

Hi,

looks like that for some reason the Java installation you are using does not contain javax.xml.bind.DatatypeConverter.

Please make sure to use Oracle Java 8 or OpenJDK 8 for RapidMiner Studio.

Regards,

Marco

• lirokuliroku Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Thanks, zl1775! Had this same issue under LM; your solution was all I needed.

sgenzer
  • emidueemidue Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

thanks!!! it's work for me:

if [ $# -gt 0 ]; then
    eval \"$JAVA\" --add-modules=java.xml.bind $JVM_OPTIONS -cp \"${rmClasspath}\" com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher \"$@\"
    else
    eval \"$JAVA\" --add-modules=java.xml.bind $JVM_OPTIONS -cp \"${rmClasspath}\" com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher
    fi

sgenzerkamgoche
  • AlandeyAlandey Member Posts: 8 Contributor II

Is important tell that the adjust is in file "RapidMiner-Studio.sh",

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Team Lead Software Engineering Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,810   RM Engineering

Hi,

Please note that we do not support Java 9 yet. To properly run Studio, you need the latest Oracle Java 8.

Regards,

Marco

sgenzer
  • mansour_ebrahimmansour_ebrahim Member Posts: 14 Newbie
    HI, where exactly is the shell script you addressed here?
    Assuming you are using openjdk9, add the following line to the shell script
    If you mean Rapidminer.sh file, I don't see any line there with \"$JAVA\" string
    Hi,

Please see above. You need Java 8.

Regards,
    Marco