Options

How to read/append the data from all the ExampleSet objects under an IOObjectCollection?

RDravidRDravid Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi, At some point in my workflow, I am getting an IOObjectCollection which has several ExampleSet objects. Each ExampleSet (Table data) has several Examples and attributes. and these attributes in each Example are different because of which I am not able to Append/Join the Examples. My ultimate goal is to loop over the data in each ExampleSet and append them and then write the data into a single file (csv or excel). I have tried different loop nodes but only data from the first ExampleSet is being returned. I am not sure how do I append the data from all the ExampleSets under this IOObjectCollection. 

Note: I am a newbie to Rapidminder

Answers

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @RDravid

Did you try using append (superset) operator after loop? This doesn't need the same attributes to append.

Hope this helps. Please inform if you need more information.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    tftemmetftemme Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 164 RM Research
    Hi @RDravid

To add on this the Append (Superset) operator is an operator from the operator toolbox extension which you need to install from the marketplace. There is also the operator 'Merge Attributes' in the extension which merge all attributes of all ExampleSets of a collection to one ExampleSet.

Best regards,
    Fabian
  • Options
    PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    Hi @RDravid
    You can also use TurboPrep in order to merge your files.
    First load or your files in it and then merge them.
    Hope it helps.
  • Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Depending on your data structure, you can also use the conventional Join operator and select the Outer Join if you have something common to all datasets that serves as a join key (such as an ID field).
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts