Download from Azure Blob Storage

PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
Hi all,
I want to read data from azure blob storage. My problem is that the data are in JSON format and I want to convert them automatically in an excel file in order to analyze it.
Do you know any way to achieve that?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @Papad ,

the Operator JSON to Data (part of the Text extension) converts data to an ExampleSet.
    Does that work?

Happy Mining,
    Edin
  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Then, @Papad, RapidMiner Server is your tool of choice. You can schedule the process automatically on a flexible basis (cron scheduling e.g. every 20 seconds).
    As a student you can also get an educational license for RapidMiner Server.

Happy Mining,
    Edin

Answers

• PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    @Edin_Klapic
    Thanks, I didn't know this operator.
    Also, what I want to do, is that because of the live data I'll have, I want my example set to be refreshed every time I have a new query.
    Is that possible via Rapidminer and then export it to excel? Or have I got to to it via excel and then use RM ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi @Papad ,
    Just to understand you right:
    The dataset you want to download changes over time and you want to detect if a change occurred and if so automatically execute the download and conversion process?
    In this case RapidMiner Server is probably the tool of choice with which you can schedule automated process execution.
    A process could check if the dataset changed and if yes execute the download and conversion process.

Happy Mining,
    Edin
    @Edin_Klapic
    Every 10-15 seconds new data will be released. Every time a new query is releases I want to transform it immediately to excel and save it, until the end of the day where there will be a dataset with all the queries that have been released during the day.

@Edin_Klapic
    Thanks a lot!