Options

Possibility to save plot with animation.

1338773patti1338773patti Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
Hey guys, 

I made a plot, data -> turbo prep -> pivot -> transform -> created proces -> ran proces -> made plot in visualisation. 

I really love the feature to hover over my items in the legend and have the rest greyed out and only the selected(hovered over) item is lit up. 
Now I would like to get that plot hosted so I can use the interactive features outside of Rapidminer for a presentation. I saved the plot as SVG but can't find any program that opens it with the animation / interactive features. 

Any program I can use to keep these features?

Best Answer

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,

No, I'm afraid not.

Regards,
    Marco

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    I doubt that you will be able to do that----all the RapidMiner visualization save/export options are for static images like jpg and svg. The only thing I can think of would be to make a screen recording of you interacting dynamically with the plot in RapidMiner and then embed that as a mp4 or similar video file in your external presentation.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

The interactive plot you see is a webpage with JavaScript. While the SVG contains the displayed chart nicely, the additional effects with custom JS code (e.g. hover highlight) are lost.
    So I'm afraid that it is not going to happen :(

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    1338773patti1338773patti Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Marco_Boeck so there is no way to export it with the hover highlight features?