Error explanation

PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
Hello all,
I have made a flow but when I use Filter Examples or Set Role for the attribute I want, there is an error saying : "Attribute X was not found in input data".
What should I change?
Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    Solution Accepted
    @varunm1 @Telcontar120
    @Edin_Klapic
    Thank you all for your answers. Something went wrong with the attribute name, I renamed it and it worked perfect.
    I don't know if it is a general problem or it just happened for other reason, but when I had the error, the repository had the same name with one of the attributes.
    Do you think that this is the reason that error appeared?

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited July 2019
    Hello @Papad

Try to set breakpoint (Right-click on operator) on filter examples or set role operator (breakpoint before) and run the process to see if the attribute is coming into the operator, if not then you might look into the flow before this and see if that attribute is available or getting filtered out somewhere.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Usually this happens because there is some kind of filter condition that is causing the attribute to be excluded somewhere earlier in the process.  Another culprit can be the name of the attribute has been changed slightly (i.e., attribute names are case sensitive so even having one character different can cause this problem).
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    For me this mostly occurs when I use "Select Attributes" to remove Attributes but forget to check "Invert Selection"

Happy Mining,
    Edin
  • Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Happy to hear that you were able to solve it :)

The attribute name and the repository same are unrelated, so no problem there.
    However, there are several other things which may have caused the error.
    • Did you create the Attribute name yourself?
    • Are there special characters in it?
    • Does it start/end with a number?
    • Are there spaces before/after the name?
    Happy Mining,
    Edin
  • varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    As Edin mentioned, there might be multiple reasons for that, can you provide the attribute name you used if possible? Or you can check the points mentioned in Edin post
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• PapadPapad Member Posts: 68 Guru
    @varunm1
    @Edin_Klapic
    I think that when I copied the name to use it into filter examples and set role it had more spaces becauses of the " " characters. So I don't think that there was something else that affected it.
    Thank you both for your answers.