X-Means output

User40550User40550 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
Hi,

I used auto model to cluster a set and observed different number of clusters in the output from x-Means: 2 clusters in Summary, Heatmap, Centroid Chart, Centroid Table and Scatter Plot, but 4 clusters in Cluster Tree and Clustered data. From "Open Process" I break it down to the "X-Means"-Operator having two outputs, which show different cluster sets. This happens only, if k_min is 2.
Tagged:
0 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

MW-142

Comments

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi, may I ask which version of RapidMiner you are using?  I haven't be able to reproduce this...  Thanks for your help, Ingo
  • User40550User40550 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hi Ingo,
    I'm using RapidMiner Studio 9.3.001 rev 289b20.
    Best regards,
    Ingo B.
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Ok, that's weird.  I am on 9.4, but there was no big change between those versions which could have caused that...  Is it possible that you share the data (also via PM) and / or a couple of screenshots showing the problem so that I can get to the ground of it?  Many thanks!
    Ok, I can confirm that there is a bug in x-Means so that the delivered data has more clusters than shown in the cluster model...  I have filed a bug report for engineering and they will keep you updated on any progress on this.
    Best,
    Ingo
    BTW, there is a workaround which is relatively easy.  This workaround will be added to AM for the next release already.
    Best,
    Ingo