Options

Splitting time and date

AliArbab94AliArbab94 Member Posts: 6 Learner I
edited July 2019 in Help
Hi experts,
I wanted to split the date and time and put them into the separate columns. My date format is like "Tue Oct 14 21:59:59 CDT 2014". 
Does anyone have any idea how can I do it?

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    There are a lot of options here.  One easy one is to copy the combined date/time attribute with Generate Copy, and then change it to nominal with Date to Nominal, and then change it back using Nominal to Date---and you can use that to set one version "Date" and the other version "Time" and it will display only the relevant parts.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    LuxtorLuxtor Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    Mind to be a little bit more specific please? I'm new to Rapidminer and don't really get your explanation. If I do it like that, what I'm able to do is basically separate both Date and time and get only one of them.. What if I just want to strip the month as a new feature? What would be the process? (checking options in parallel while asking here to optimize time)
    Thanks!
  • Options
    nn_herenn_here Member Posts: 31 Contributor I
    Hi, Luxtor  Even i have the same requirement, to segregate the date column in to 3 different new columns. Can you tell me if you were able to find a way out for the same..

Thanks and regards!
  • Options
    ceaperezceaperez Member Posts: 522 Unicorn
    Hi @nn_here
    please find attached a sample process to extract date and time from an attribute. 

Best, 

Cesar
  • Options
    nn_herenn_here Member Posts: 31 Contributor I
    Thankyou  for the help provided. :) Though I could get the months using -date_get([Date], DATE_UNIT_MONTH,"Asia/Kolkata") +1,glad for sharing a new method for the same purpose.
    Thanks and regards,
    nn_here