Correlating data

ErikaHErikaH Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited July 2019 in Help
Hello guys!
I am working with some data and I need help in this case: I have a lot of informations about some cities, like population, average number of cars etc. I need to generate a graphic  correlating year, data (population, for instance) and the cities. How can I do this?
(I couldn't attach my sketch explain the graphic)

Thanks for your attention,

Érika

Tagged:

Best Answer

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Yep, it is easy if your data has columns "year", "Population" and "City". Just double click on your data after uploading and see "Visualizations" on the right panel.

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @ErikaH I just "boosted" your rank so you can now post images. :smile:

Welcome to the RM community!

Scott
  • ErikaHErikaH Member Posts: 8 Contributor II

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    So if your data is already structured appropriately, then this as simple as going to the VIsualization panel, selecting a line graph, and then setting the attributes for X and Y axis and color/grouping. 
    However, if your data is not yet in the correct format for this, then you will need to do some data ETL first. Fortunately RapidMiner is terrific for that.  You can either use TurboPrep to do it via a wizard, or you can use the data ETL operators.  
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • ErikaHErikaH Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Thank you all for your answer!
    My data is already organized.
    But when I select the LINE type for the graphic, I don´t see the color option.

I got something similar using the SCATTER type, selecting color by "city name" and choosing "LOESS" type for regression interpolation. Does it give the same results?

Thanks again for your attention,
    Erika