Cannot connect to Marketplace

MarlaBotMarlaBot Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 57 Community Manager
edited November 2019 in Help
A RapidMiner user wants to know the answer to this question:

Getting this error message when trying to open a jar file with RapidMiner:

Exception: com.rapidminer.repository.MalformedRepositoryLocationException
Message: No absolute path: 'C:\rmx_com.aylien.textapi.rapidminer-ANY-0.2.0.jar'. Absolute paths look e.g. like this: '/path/to/object'.

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @MarlaBot so you need to put your extension .jar file into the extensions folder in your .RapidMiner folder. See https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/53095/rapidminer-studio-files-what-is-on-my-computer-and-where

Scott

• leili0304leili0304 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hi @sgenzer
    Thank you so much for your quick reply, I did what you described in this link, I placed jar file in extensions foler in .RapidMiner folder, but I can't still open this jar file. Even though I tried to open it with application RapidMiner, it can't be opened. I get always the same error, "No absolute path". I'm confused.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @leili0304 hmm so perhaps there is a misunderstanding? You should never directly open the jar file - RapidMiner loads the extension in its environment and, if loaded successfully, will show you the operators that are now available. For example you can see here that I manually added an extension jar file "rapidminer-image-7.0.000.jar" to my extensions folder:

When I restart RapidMiner, I can see that it has loaded successfully in two ways:

1. I see a new folder with new operators in my operator tree under "Extensions":

2. If I go to Extensions -> About Installed Extensions..., I can see that my image extension is there:

NOTE: this really is only done if you want to install extensions MANUALLY - a very rare thing in RapidMiner. 99.9% of the time this is all automatically done by simply accessing the Marketplace:

Does this help?

Scott

Hi @sgenzer
    Sorry to disturb you again.Your reply helped me a lot, I think I understand the procedure.

But even though I did exactly what you described in the reply, and I placed the jar file in the folder extension. Then I started RapidMiner, I get this error : 

So I have two questions :

1. The original problme is that I can't open marketplace in my RapidMiner, as you can see in the follow picture, 

This is why I wanted to install extensions manually.

2. Normally as you said, after we placed jar file in folder extensions, and all will be done automatically, and we just need to restart RapidMiner. In my case, it seems even though I placed the jar file in the right place, I can't still have this extension in RapidMiner.

So I'd like to ask, it's there any need to uninstall RapidMiner from my pc and re-install it again ?

Thank you for you patience!

Lei
    ahhh now it makes more sense - you have some kind of firewall blocking the marketplace so yes, installing the extensions manually is the way to go here. 

Reinstalling RapidMiner is not going to help you with the Aylien one, however. That extension is no longer being supported by the company and hence we strongly recommend going with another option for sentiment analysis:

Rosette
    MeaningCloud
    MonkeyLearn

or if you want a free, open-source, option:

Operator Toolbox's "Extract Sentiment" operator, designed and built by some clever guys at RapidMiner :wink:

Scott

Hi! @sgenzer
    Perfect solution! Thanks indeed. I successfully installed Rosette / MeaningCloud / MonkeyLearn, but I got the same error caused by firewall when I tried to install Operator Toolbox, but it's fine, I will continue with the three extensions installed.

Thanks again, Scott.

Have a great day.

Lei