Options

Convert Excel Formulas

mhalcro1mhalcro1 Member Posts: 1 Newbie

Hi, I'm an excel user and complete RM novice; I've got a large spreadsheet I'm trying to convert in RM to speed things up but can't get the formula to calculate the same.  It's not complex - it's adding up a series of cells; I'm looking for help to convert from Excel into RM language - please see Excel formula sample below (all cells are numerical)

=AB3+AE3+AJ3+AM3+AR3+AU3+AZ3+BC3+0.2*BH3+BK3+0.2*BP3+BS3+0.2*BX3+CA3+EE3*CF3+CI3+EE3*CM3+CP3+EE3*CT3+CW3+EE3*DA3+DD3

Any help greatly received!

TIA

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    The operator Generate Aggregation is one operator that can be used, if you only need one operation at a time (such as sum or average) across multiple columns (called attributes in RapidMiner).
    However, for a formula like the one you have above, in which there are different operations as well as some hard-coded numerical scaling factors, then you would need to use Generate Attributes.  In that operator you can define a new attribute as a function of any number of existing attributes and can specify whatever sequence of operations that you want.  Take a look at the sample process in the help for that operator to see how it works.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts