Filter Example Range and a Potencial Problem Detected

DaniFigueroaDaniFigueroa Member Posts: 2 Newbie
edited September 2019 in Help
I asked a question a few days ago about how to get the top5 of clients according to the criteria that they will choose, to which I got as an answer to use the Sort operator and then Filter Example Range. It worked, since it throws me the values ​​in a table with the 5 best ones, as you told me in your comment, because I used the Sort operator. Then use "Filter example range" with the first example = 1 and the last example = 5 to get only the first 5 following your instructions. However, it tells me that there is a "potential problem detected: the first_example parameter indexes an example, but the value 1 exceeds the size of the set of examples". What do you mean by that mistake? How can I solve it?
Tagged:

Answers

• yyhuangyyhuang Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 364 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @DaniFigueroa,
    So do you have any screenshot of the error and your data?
    Thanks!

YY
  • hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn
    @DaniFigueroa..... it is probably better form to continue posting in the thread that you already started rather than start a new one. It is possible that you have a problem with your metadata even though your process runs. Try posting your process and I am sure someone will be able to help you.
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @DaniFigueroa

RapidMiner sometimes can't determine the future number of records coming from an input operator.

If you ever read a shorter CSV file, for example, then the Filter Example Range operator will fail because it expects 5 or more examples.
    In your case, the process works, so this is just an information to you about potential future problems.

Regards,

Balázs