Options

Stuck at LDA process. No results are coming

lambamanika07lambamanika07 Member Posts: 24 Maven
I updated my Rapidminer and from that instant I can not get any result from my LDA process. I am attaching the screenshot for the process and the sub-processes I am trying out for LDA for last 2-3 days but 'NA' as results is showing. Kindly help.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    can you please check if the collection of documents contains proper documents? I.e there are items in and there is also text?

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin

Yes, I have checked many times. I tried with text files and pdf files both. I tried even with different text samples but I had no luck! The results were coming like in the screenshot as NA.
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    edited September 2019
    Hi,
    is this 'western' text? LDA uses a default tokenization on this tokens like spaces and so on. This may totally fail if this is not in latin alphabet?

Best,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin

The text is in English language. I have run the same samples before also for testing few weeks ago and it worked fine. That time I was using the 8 version of Rapidminer. I am facing this problem from the moment I upgraded to the latest 9 version. I do not think the up gradation of the version would be creating any problem but I am telling you just in case. 
  • Options
    Hi,
    can you maybe share data and processes via private message? I would love to have a look at this.

BR,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin

I have sent you a personal message with the sample text and the process. Thank you for you help in advance.
  • Options
    It worked! Thank you so much. 
  • Options
    what was the problem here? UTF or the tokenization?

BR,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hey Martin

I made both the changes regarding UTF selection and adding tokenization operator as suggested in the process and then it worked. 

With regards
    Manika