Server not starting

NiharikaNiharika Member Posts: 40 Maven
My RapidMiner Server was working fine.I added python extension to my server.The server was not restarting due to memory issues on disk(as per logs as well).So I deleted some .mdmp files which were consuming a lot of space on that issue but after that when I am trying to start the server I am getting this error.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    @mmichel might help you with this.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• NiharikaNiharika Member Posts: 40 Maven
    Hi mmichel
    Thanks for the solution I was able to start the server.Can you please let me know the  significance of '.r.lock'  file?When the services get started '.r.lock' gets generated in same location.

edited October 2019
    @mmichel
    I am again facing the same issue of my server not starting.I checked my task manager I dont see any java processes running but I am not able to delete the .r.lock file.
    I checked the server logs possible error I found 
    Could not free resource of IObjectVersion ID-64717 from disk :java.nio.file.DirectoryNotEmptyException
    Can you please help
  • mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering
    Hi Niharika,

if you are not able to delete the .r.lock file a process is still running and locking it. You can use for example taskkill to terminate all java applications which are running on the system:
    taskkill /im java.exe
    Hope this helps,
    Marcel
    edited October 2019
    @mmichel
    I tried terminating all Java process but it says no java.exe found.When I delete the .r.lock file it says can't be deleted as it is open in cmd.exe.

I checked the latest logs the failures I detected :
    10:23:56,156 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015014: Re-attempting failed deployment rapidminer-execution-0.6.3.war
    10:23:56,172 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015014: Re-attempting failed deployment rapidminer-server-9.2.1.ear
    10:23:56,203 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 9) JBAS014612: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "rapidminer-execution-0.6.3.war")]) - failure description: "JBAS014803: Duplicate resource [(\"deployment\" => \"rapidminer-execution-0.6.3.war\")]"
    10:23:56,219 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) "JBAS014784: Failed executing subsystem deployment-scanner boot operations"
    10:23:56,219 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014612: Operation ("parallel-subsystem-boot") failed - address: ([]) - failure description: "\"JBAS014784: Failed executing subsystem deployment-scanner boot operations\""
    10:23:56,250 FATAL [org.jboss.as.server] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015957: Server boot has failed in an unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messages for details.
    10:23:56,391 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-12) JBAS015950: JBoss EAP 6.4.0.Alpha1 (AS 7.5.0.Final-redhat-15) stopped in 76ms

I tried starting through standalone batch files but it starts and stops.

Also through process explorer I checked which process is running .r.lock file but it didn't show any file.

Screenshots of tasklist and error while deleting .r.lock file
    @mmichel
    Thanks for the help .I stopped the console window host from task manager and after that I was able to delete the .r.lock file and restart the server.
    But still I am facing issue of my server stopping abruptly when I run a python code on server which is connecting to a elastic server and pulling data for further model building.
    The process runs fine 2-3times but after that server stops abruptly.
    I checked both the elsticsearch and jbossssvc.exe are crashing.So is the issue with my elastic server?
    The process runs fine 2-3times but after that server stops abruptly.
    Is any error logged in the server.log file?
    My server stopped today i.e, 31-10-2019. but I don'y see see a server.log file for 31-10-2019.There are server, gc.log, bakupgc.log files for 31st.
    In the server file error is:
    Could not free resource of IObjectVersion ID-64717 from disk :java.nio.file.DirectoryNotEmptyException
    The 'server.log' file is the one which will be used. Could you maybe attach the whole file?
    It seems that the Postgres DB was not reachable and has prevented the start of RapidMiner Server:

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection to localhost:5432 refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

@mmichel how do I check that ?Further my postgresql runs as automatic service and we didn't stop it.
    Further can we use same license key for more than one server?Would running both the servers at same time might cause any issue?
    how do I check that ?Further my postgresql runs as automatic service and we didn't stop it.
    Just use a PostgreSQL tool of your choice to test the connection/ database, e.g. pgAdmin. If you cannot connect to it, you may want to restart the service.
    Further can we use same license key for more than one server?Would running both the servers at same time might cause any issue?
     Yes you can, but you need to respect your license limits. For more information have a look at the pricing page.