NOTE: IF YOU WISH TO REPORT A NEW BUG, PLEASE POST A NEW QUESTION AND TAG AS "BUG REPORT". THANK YOU.

Radoop with Apps in RM Server 9.4

bmattbmatt Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
We recently upgraded to RM Server 9.4 and it appears that our apps that leverage Radoop with our kerberized cluster only work for the duration of the ticket issued. So currently we get a 24 hour ticket and the apps work fine for that 24 hours and then fail to get a new ticket when the existing expires. Our scheduled tasks run fine on the same cluster, so it appears to be limited to just web applications.

We did not see this in 9.3, though it may be possible that it was happening there as well. Has anyone else experienced this and/or have a fix outside of restarting the RM Server?
0 votes

Sent to Engineering · Last Updated

RAD-2057

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    edited October 2019
  • bmattbmatt Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    An update here, I don't typically leave studio open that long but I had it open over the weekend. When I tried to query our Hadoop cluster using Radoop in the studio the same problem occurred. Restarting studio seemed to resolve the issue, I had this with Radoop 9.4 and downgraded to 9.3 thinking it was possibly a new bug in 9.4, but it seems to occur on both.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    thanks @bmatt. I've cc'ed the Server and Radoop teams to see what they say.
  • bmattbmatt Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    @sgenzer Any news here, maybe this is fixed in 9.5 I have not tested there yet.
    edited February 2020
    hi @bmatt good question. Let me check on that for you.

Scott

[EDIT: sent updated request to Engineering and moved this to Prod Feedback.]