Sequential Rule Mining - Now What?

btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
After we apply the GSP operator to a proper dataset, it is not obvious to me what we can do with the results passed to the port pat, or, the GSPSet.  

Simply, how can we analyze the resulting rules for support, confidence, etc, after applying the GSP operator?  It's not obvious what operator would go next, and Create Association Rules is looking for a Frequent Itemset generated by FP Growth.

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    i usually just use it for feature generation in classification to find frequent sub-sets.

CCing @land who is i think the expert on the matter.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    it's really the question what you are trying to achieve. Could you give us some hints?
    The answer will really differ, if you (as human) want to get insights into something or if you want to train a machine intelligenz to automate something.

Greetings,
     Sebastian
  • btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
    In other tools and languages, we use Sequence mining to look at how patterns emerge.  Unlike Association Rules which are looking at co-association of items, which are used to create rules with various metrics like support, confidence, lift, etc, I want to take this one step further and retain the sequential nature of the data while building rules.  In short, I see the operator, but it's not clear what operator(s) can be connected to the results from GSP. 

I appreciate the replies @mschmitz and @land , but I guess I lost as to what operators can be  used after GSP in RapidMiner.  
  • btibertbtibert Member, University Professor Posts: 146 Guru
    Thanks @land, I see a table of results (that somehow I overlooked) but no charts.