Options

Turbo Prep : Impossible to select all columns via Ctrl + A

lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
Dear all,

I allow myself to do a short observation : 
In Turbo Prep, after selecting CLEANSE, it is impossible to select all the columns of the dataset via the combination Ctrl + A
despite the indication : 

Can you reproduce that ? (I'm using RapidMiner 9.5 and Microsoft Windows 10).

Regards,

Lionel

Tagged:
0 votes

Declined · Last Updated

IC-1688

Comments

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited November 2019
    Hello @lionelderkrikor

I am still on 9.4 and it's not working on 9.4 as well, did you remember this working in 9.4?

I am doing CTRL + A and also tried CTRL + A and clicking on one column using the mouse pointer, its just selecting that columns which I click.

Earlier I remember using Shift + First columns and last column to select all, never remember CTRL+A. I tried now and seems not working.

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi Varun,

Thanks you for your message.
    I submitted this "bug" directly to the product management some months ago, so this bug was already present in RM 9.4.

Regards,

Lionel
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I can confirm this on 9.5 as well, tagging @sgenzer for resolution.
    Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @lionelderkrikor how did you submit this feature request/bug to PM? I cannot seem to find it in our system and I'd like to tie this thread to the same ticket.
  • Options
    Hi Scott,

I submitted this bug/feature request to the product (Studio) management during our periodic "ambassador" e-meetings.
    It was several months ago but I can't remember exactly when.

Regards,

Lionel 

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    ah ok. Thx Lionel. I'm going to submit it here. They may mark it duplicate if they have it somewhere else. :smile:
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I cannot reproduce that on 9.5 with Windows 10:

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hello @Marco_Boeck

This issue comes only when we click on the Column Name and then press CTRL+A. If we click anywhere on data instead of column name it is working (Which I tried just now).

Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    Hi all,

After experimentations, I come to the same conclusion as you, Varun...
    Thanks you ! 

Regards,

Lionel

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    edited November 2019
    Hi,

Well, now that we know that there is basically a trivial workaround available, I'll have to be the bearer of sad news and say that we have worse things to fix, so this will not make the cut.

Edit: Rephrasing due to me accidentally using internal Jira communication style, my apologies!

Regards,
    Marco