Bug report : issues with RapidMiner Studio 9.5 on Ubunty 18.04.3

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited November 2019 in Help
I'm having issues with getting the NoSQL and Cloud connectivity extensions running on one of my test machines. The OS is ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS , gnome 3.28.2 and Java 8 openjdk. The machine was freshly installed. I've tried with both J8 openjdk and the oracle version but with both the NoSQL and Cloud extensions fail. Other seem to work fine.

On another machine, running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, Gnome 3.28.4 and Java 8 oracle it works fine. 

Any idea what might cause the difference?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

Not from that description, no. Would you have some logs that show the problem?

Regards,
    Marco
  • kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Thanks @Marco_Boeck , we are also suffering severe issues with the server where processes start failing one by one after the server has been running for a few hours. Logs cannot be read or accessed anymore after a certain period so processes fail then shortly after startup.

I've opened a support ticket for that one but we will have to roll back to 9.4 immediately.
  • kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Hi @Marco_Boeck, it seems the issue is more related to the OS as to the new version as also trying to use 9.4 shows the same problems.

Note that all works as expected on another system running 18.04, the problem only occurs on a fresh installed 18.04.03 version.

I've attached my logs, though these are for 9.4 the behavior was the same with 9.5. There are also no additional extensions installed so there is no log for the Mongo part but it will probably related to the issue seen with the cloud connectivity.

Hope this helps, if more information is needed just let me know