Parallel Processing - Multiple server instances

NikouyNikouy Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
Dear Community,

I am currently working on my MSc research thesis, which is based on Rapidminer  and cloud deployment models. Therefore, I will probably be bugging you a bit as I research and questions arise :smile: .

One of the questions I intend to answer is: Can Rapidminer support parallel processing or have multiple instances (different servers deployed) mining collaboratively the same data set?

I would appreciate if you can help me answer these questions and point me in the right direction to explore various options. While the Rapidminer platform may not directly support this set up, some work arounds or custom configuracions or data mining strategies might.

Any help or feedback is very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Nicolas

Best Answer

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Nikouy let me see if I can help you here.

Can Rapidminer support parallel processing
    absolutely. This is the default mode now. You can control this in Preferences:

or have multiple instances (different servers deployed) mining collaboratively the same data set?
    absolutely. Please see https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/server/overview/
  • NikouyNikouy Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
    Hi Scott,

Thank you for your reply, I apologise if I wasn't clear enough with my questions.
    When I say parallel processing, I refer to multiple server instances or Job agents mining collaboratively and in paralell the same data set, or working on the same execution/process at the same time. Is this possible?

Also, I see that your Screenshot is from RM Studio. Do these settings affect the process execution when this is exectuted in RM server, or that only controls paralell processing in a local RM studio instance?

Thanks,
    Nicolas