Am I missing something with the Aggregrate operator?

PyNoobPyNoob Member Posts: 15 Contributor I
edited November 2019 in Help
I am trying a simple aggregrate function to Count, sort by averages of two columns. Seems like a simple exercise. Apologies, I come from Alteryx and the option to change from integer to float or to string was integrated in their tool.
I Love Rapidminer but this seems to be an east function I am unable to get. Can anybody please help?

Why am I not seeing any atributes/column headers?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @PyNoob,

I have difficulties to understand what you get and what you want to obtain ...

Can you give an example ?

If you don't see the attributes names, you can manually enter the relevant attributes names in the "Selected Attributes" user box and click on the "+".

Regards,

Lionel
  • PyNoobPyNoob Member Posts: 15 Contributor I
    Hi @lionelderkrikor.. I would definitely try that.. (wish I could remote to my computer rn). It seems like to be a basic operator requirement to have these there. There were when I was trying the model before. Probably just a bug. However, I am trying to get averages and grouped by columns. These averages are whole integers and not float. Again.. this is a basic operator need.. can you please upload the best, most commented flow for this job? (I am a noob at Rapidminer. I love to solve problems but this is using up a lot of time).
    Much appreciated
    Thank You. Gets the job done however Why did you have to rename the column? Is it required in general?
    One more question. The averages are in real integers. I would like a float value. how can I go about it?
  • Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

If a number can be displayed as an integer, the fractional digits (.000) are simply omitted for visualization purposes. However the numbers are internally doubles (double-precision floats), so nothing gets lost :)
    Same for the number of fractional digits. They appear rounded to the number of fractional digits you have defined in the settings (3 by default), which is again only for visualization purposes. Internally, the full number is there.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,
    Marco
    How do I see it?