Options

How to do certain process in RapidMiner

Anja1Anja1 Member Posts: 3 Learner I
edited November 2019 in Help
I did something in excel. What i did in excel: I sorted both sales data and rental data by the 28 locations and calculated average prices for each area both in terms of rent and sales price. Then i divided average sales price / average rental price area. By doing that i got a form of measure of ROI (how many months of rent do you need to cover the purchasing price). the lower the number, the better. Can someone help me how to do that in RapidMiner because it supposed to be done in RapidMiner not Exel?

Best Answer

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @Anja1,

Could you share : 
    -  your raw data
     - Your Excel file in order we understand what you initially have and what you want to obtain ?

Regards,

Lionel

Answers

• Options
    Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Anja1 ,
    As @lionelderkrikor wrote, having the data and the excel helps us to understand what you want to achieve and also how this can be done with the dataset at hand.
    Nevertheless I just want to throw a wild guess around, which might help you with your task.
    1. Use Aggregate and group by location while aggregating the average of sales price & average of rental price
    2. Use Generate Attributes to calculate your ROI. The function will probably look like avg(sales price)/avg(rental price)
    Happy Mining,
    Edin
  • Options
    Anja1Anja1 Member Posts: 3 Learner I
    Hi @lionelderkrikor and @Edin_Klapic,

I manage to do it somehow, thank you for answers, it is helpful always for me.
    I just wanted to ask also, do you maybe know how to do the prediction of the price of apartment for certain location if I have Location and prices. Is that possible to do?

Regards,

Anja
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Anja1,
    i would recommend to have a look at the AutoModel feature for price prediction. Either in the web: https://automodel.rapidminer.com/ or in your RM Studio.

Best,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany