Why would you use Python instead of RapidMiner?

MariuszMariusz Member Posts: 2 Learner I
edited December 2019 in Help
Hello! I am doing degree in AI engineering and I've been assigned task of comparing RapidMiner to Python. While I'm not a Python beginner, I'm fairly new to the RapidMiner and I definitely lack industrial experience. Given my limited knowledge, I still find RapidMiner superior in carrying out tasks I would usually code in Python. So my question is: In what circumstances, or for what specific task you would use Python instead of RapidMiner, and why?
Cheers, Mariusz.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• MariuszMariusz Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    This is great! Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I knew about the Python operator, but I've only re-used previously written code with it, instead of building process from scratch. It's actually the only thing in favour of Python I found myself: the amount of reusable materials on the internet. Your answer gives me more to go about, thanks again!

Kind regards
    Mariusz
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn
    Hi Mariusz,

I add that RapidMiner acts as a (data) platform for machine learning processes. There is a big gain in productivity when working in a team with RM, as you get a central repository with scheduling, web apps, services, etc. (RM Server). If you are using RM Studio alone, the productivity depends on how proficient you are with either tool. The learning curve for RM is definitely better, but you pay a price (literally if you buy a license) or suffer for limitations on the hardware you can use.

Regards,
    Sebastian