Options

Cannot parse document: Content is not allowed in prolog.

knoblauchknoblauch Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2019 in Help
Hello,

I cannot access my Processes and data within Rapid miner anymore. I copied the whole repository manually in a repository folder on a different computer before, which obviously was a bad idea, because the error occured right after this. The .property and .rmp files are still in my local repository folder I just cannot open them in Rapid Miner. Does anyone know how I can open them again?

The error message is the following:

Exception: com.rapidminer.tools.XMLException
Message: Cannot parse document: Content is not allowed in prolog.
Stack trace:

com.rapidminer.Process.readProcess(Process.java:1555)
com.rapidminer.Process.readProcess(Process.java:1530)
com.rapidminer.Process.<init>(Process.java:294)
com.rapidminer.RepositoryProcessLocation.load(RepositoryProcessLocation.java:110)
com.rapidminer.gui.actions.OpenAction$2.run(OpenAction.java:145)
com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$3.run(ProgressThread.java:586)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Cause
Exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
Stack trace:

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:339)
com.rapidminer.Process.readProcess(Process.java:1542)
com.rapidminer.Process.readProcess(Process.java:1530)
com.rapidminer.Process.<init>(Process.java:294)
com.rapidminer.RepositoryProcessLocation.load(RepositoryProcessLocation.java:110)
com.rapidminer.gui.actions.OpenAction$2.run(OpenAction.java:145)
com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$3.run(ProgressThread.java:586)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @knoblauch hmm that is not great. Please try this:

1. Quit RapidMiner.
    2. Make a backup of your complete .RapidMiner folder somewhere else on your drive and then deleting everything in it.
    3. Restart RapidMiner.
    4. RM will rebuild your .RapidMiner folder now - you will need to enter all your license info, etc...
    5. You should be up and running now. Once you're sure you are, open a new local repository and point it to your backup.
    Scott

• Options
    Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist
    You can also try to open the .rmp files (the RapidMiners processes) with a Text Editor of your choice. The Processes are stored in XML format. Maybe copying corrupted something there.
    You can try to copy the XML content and paste it in the XML view in RapidMiner Studio. When the process XML is valid and you click on the green checkmark the process can be inspected in the design perspective.
    Happy Mining,
    Edin

• Options
    knoblauchknoblauch Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi,

thanks a lot for your answers. Unfortunately @Marco_Boeck is right. The copy operation broke my files and they are all empty now. There was no way to recover the files so I had to start from scratch again. So be careful with copying repository folders.

Best,
    Hannah
  • Options
    StrongBroncoStrongBronco Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    You can try to copy the XML content and paste it in the XML view in RapidMiner Studio. When the process XML is valid and you click on the green check mark the process can be inspected in the design perspective.