"MultivariateSeriers2WindowsExample and SlidingWindowValidation missing in RM 5"

CleoCleo Member Posts: 44 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
Hello,

I am converting a file from RM 4.6 into RM 5.0 RC which inculdes the opperators MultivariateSeriers2WindowsExample and SlidingWindowValidation.  RM 5.0 RC calls both these operators dummy. 

I have downloaded all the availabe plugins before I started the import process.

Any suggestions,

Thanks,
Cleo
Tagged:

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi Cleo,

the value/time series extension will contain those two operators which were formerly part of the RapidMiner core. However, we didn't manage to release the series extension before the holidays but it is one of the first things we start after everyone's vacation. So please be patient only for a few days until you have a fully functional RM 5. Sorry for the inconvenience.

All the best and happy holidays,
    Ingo
  • c1borgc1borg Member Posts: 17 Maven
    Hi I see the team are back hope you had a nice break, dont wish to pester but any eta on the above updates?
  • GarettGarett Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    c1borg wrote:

Hi I see the team are back hope you had a nice break, dont wish to pester but any eta on the above updates?

Yes, I would love to have the Series Extension to play with in RM 5. Thanks for all your hard work guys, don't mean to rush you.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    it's currently scheduled for next week, but since the remaining work needs some expertise on the matter of timeseries and our expert is currently doing consulting for a customer, it's unclear if he manages to finish the work until the end of next week. We could publish it now, but I think it should be tested from at least one person who knows for each operator, what the result should be...

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    Hi RM team,

As there has been no update of the above can you give us any news on when this is likely to happen? We have a project on hold that is heavily reliant on the sliding windows validation.

Many thanks
    C1borg
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the extension will be available today or tomorrow. We are working on the final import mechanism, to ensure that old process can be imported without problems.

Let me add, that you of course could ask for a support subscription. It would not only guarantee you response times from our support, but would give your requests more emphasis :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    Ok thanks guys  :)

C1