how to use optimized operator in cross project.

Ma-123Ma-123 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
how to use optimized operator in cross project. Suppose we have one training data and five testing data, how to use optimized operator and get the value of k and optimal value for each testing data set.

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @Ma-123,

I have difficulties to understand what you want to do...
    Can you explain in more detail what you want to do by giving what you have and what you want to obtain.
    Maybe can you share your process and your data...

Regards,

Lionel

• Ma-123Ma-123 Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    lionelderkrikor ,
    Thanks for your reply. I have designed cross project in Rapidminer with KNN technique. 
    I have seven dataset. I want to do one data set as training and 6 datasets as setting. So there is 42 combinations. I have built model for that. But i want to use optimized operator. Problem is that when i use optimized operator, only training data set is optimized. So i want to optimized all the testing datasets and want to get optimal value of k of each testing datasets.
    If you wish i can share my process.

Regards
  • varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited December 2019
    Hello @Ma-123

Problem is that when I use optimized operator, only training data set is optimized.
    Yes, optimization, hyperparameter tuning, feature selection are applied to training data. If you want to use your test dataset as the performance reference to tune your model hyperparameters (such as K value in KNN) then it is no longer a test dataset (it can be treated as validation).

Now, coming to your question about tuning hyperparameter K value based on your 6 datasets, I can think of a manual way where you will set a macro that will help set different "k" value at different runs. I attached a process (Main_Iteration_K_Using_Loop) with clear comments associated with each operator. You can download and import this process into your rapidminer studio and run it to see its working. The "Log" operator output will provide you the "K" value and its relevant performance on test dataset.

One downside is it will go through all K values in the increments of 1. There are other ways to use macros. This can help you for now I guess. If I get something in my mind, I will inform you here.

@lionelderkrikor if you get any other thoughts based on this process please let me know.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

@varunm1
    Thanks for reply
    please send me the .properties file
    Hi @ varunm1
    The file you attached are .rmp file. I need .properties file to open it into rapid miner.
    Thanks  and regards
    Madhu

@Ma-123

Please find attached zip file with .rmp and .properties files. You need to paste these in the repository of the .rapidminer folder. You can also import the .rmp file using FILE --> Import Process in Rapidminer.
    Regards,
    Varun

Hi @Varun
    Thanks for sharing your operator. But in this operator there is no optimized operator. To clear undertaing of my problem i m sending you my operator and my data set at your email id.
    edited December 2019
    Hello @Ma-123

You can send me in Private Message on the community messaging. The earlier solution is without optimize parameters. In the meantime, you can take a look at the new option I created. This is a scalable method and can be used with any operator.

Please find attached .rmp file, you don't need properties file. You just need to go to rapidminer software and click on FILE --> Import process and point to the location where the .rmp file in this thread is downloaded on your PC.
    Regards,
    Varun

Hello varunm1
    How can send u private message on the community message. Plz let me know.
  • nabilafthanabilaftha Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    hello can you tell me how to do cross project for 4 dataset? I want to do 1 dataset as testing and 3 datasets as training.