Options

Read ARFF operator in RM5 RC

mksaadmksaad Member Posts: 42 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I think Read ARFF operator has label option to determine the label attribute, but I could not find  Read ARFF operator label option in RM5 RC ?  ???

Thanks,
Motaz

Answers

• Options
    haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Hi there Motaz,

I too am slowly migrating to RM5, but as I spend most of my time on time-series I'm not rushing. I'm not having your problem, as I get a label parameter slot just beneath the file parameter slot in the 'read ARFF' operator. I just dragged and dropped it onto the Process tab, and connected to the output - but when it comes to 5 I really haven't got much of a clue! Here's the XML that resulted. Hope that helps!
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.0">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="-20" width="-50">
          <operator activated="true" class="read_arff" expanded="true" height="60" name="Read ARFF" width="90" x="61" y="74">
            <parameter key="data_file" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Alien\My Documents\rm_workspace\test.arff"/>
            <parameter key="label_attribute" value="label"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Read ARFF" from_port="output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="36"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
    Best wishes for a much better 2010!

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi all,
    the label attribute parameter has been removed for two reasons: You could simply add a set role operator afterwards for setting the label and on the other hand we want the user to utilize the repository instead of writing in arbitrary file formats. It's some sort of educational effort. :)
    Ok, the true reason is, that we wanted to unify all input operator's parameters. Some provided these parameters for defining class, some for id, label and so on. We decided to remove all of them, automatically add the set role operator when importing from 4.x instead of adding a huge list of parameters for each possible role...

Greetings,
      Sebastian