Options

How to use the log from the Loop Parameters Operator later on?

pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 83 Maven
edited February 2020 in Help
So My Loop Parameters Operator outputs a log of the parameter combinations and I would like to use that down the line but there is no output port that I can use to Log to Data or anything. It is just available from the results Tab. Can I have access to it or should I build a log myself? I ask because when I log with the log operator it cannot read the relative_error from the Performance Operator. It spits out a missing value, while when I read from the Log generated by Loop Parameters it shows correctly.

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @pblack476 can you share your process? Not sure I follow.

Scott
  • Options
    pblack476pblack476 Member Posts: 83 Maven
    Let me see if I can explain it better for you and others. Because my process gets a lot of data from my hard drive and I would have to adapt several things in order to share it.

The basics of it is that I have a Forecast Validation (ARIMA) operator inside a Loop Parameters Operator. If I connect the performance output of FV to the Loop Process INNER OUTPUT I get the option to generate a log right from the Loop Parameters's Parameters tab. That Log is what I want. It outputs my p,d,q values along with the relative error associated with them (I am running a grid search for the best p,d,q values for ARIMA)

However, that log is only accessible from the results tab. It has no proper OUTER OUTPUT in the Loop Paremeters operator (i.e. I can connect to an internal output port while inside the operator, but there is no correspondent external output port to retrieve this outside of the operator). That is why I can only see the log from the results tab.

If I try to log the same parameters with a regular log operator I cannot log the relative_error for some reason. It always shows missing. Maybe because is generates many instances inside the ARIMA process and the log does not understand how to average them out or something.

In summary, I would like to use the log generated by the Loop Parameters operator further down the line in my process and I cannot see how to do it.