community edition

onyourmarkonyourmark Member, University Professor Posts: 10 University Professor
I teach data science at my uni. For a GUI based approach I have used Weka. If I go with RapidMiner Community version what limitations are there and will my students be able to have more than a year's access? Of course Weka is free always. What limitations are there on the community version of Rapidminer?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @onyourmark,

the biggest limitation is the 10,000 row limit, and missing out on AutoModel and TurboPrep.

If you teach with smaller datasets up to this size, you and your students won't have any problem, now and the future (the free license is perpetual).

There is also an Academic version which you and your students would be eligible for. This version doesn't have a row limit.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • onyourmarkonyourmark Member, University Professor Posts: 10 University Professor
    Hello @Balázs,

Thanks. If we use the Academic version can students renew their license as long as they are in university? And is the professor eligible for a perpetual free license? 

Thanks again
  • onyourmarkonyourmark Member, University Professor Posts: 10 University Professor
    Thanks to @BalázsPavithra_Rao for clearing this up.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @onyourmark I'd be happy to renew your academic license + promote you to "university professor" so you can have access to our materials. Please just send me a private message.

Scott