Options

How do I obtain data from a Facebook Page?

4dluvofresearch4dluvofresearch Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi! I'm new to RapidMiner and I'd like to harvest data from a Facebook page. I will be doing content analysis for my research and I'd like to collect data specifically on the amount of posts/articles related to COVID-19 and attach the no. of reactions and shares in the same dataset, to be exported as .CSV. How may I obtain these data from RM? I just recently installed the Facebook extension and have no idea what to do next. Please send help :neutral:

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @4dluvofresearch welcome to the RM community. Unfortunately I have some bad news for you...(1) the Facebook extension is released by a 3rd party and has not had a good track record; (2) Facebook's API is very restrictive and hence difficult to do research such as what you describe.

Is it possible for you to use Twitter instead of Facebook? We have a Twitter operator in RapidMiner and it works well (note that it is rate-limited).

Scott
  • Options
    4dluvofresearch4dluvofresearch Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Alright. Let me hear the steps of collecting data from twitter instead :) 
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @4dluvofresearch no real steps needed - just search for "Twitter" in the search window :smile:

Scott