I cannot seem to download rapidMiner server.

figsfigs Member Posts: 16 Learner I
edited March 2020 in Help
I have manged to create a new environment variable named JAVA_HOME - see attached. However when I try to launch the rapidMiner installation file the cmd window appears for second and disappears. 
Tagged:

Answers

• aschaferdiekaschaferdiek Employee, Member Posts: 76 RM Engineering
    Hi! Could you please start the installer within this terminal window you already have open? With this we probably have more information about what failed.
  • figsfigs Member Posts: 16 Learner I
    How do I start the installer in the terminal window?
    There are multiple ways to achieve this. You probably need to go into the containing directory first. Open a terminal window, then use "cd <the-directory>" and afterwards type "rapidminer-server-installer.bat" and press ENTER. For more information on how to navigate to the directory and to run it check out the section "Command prompt" here: https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001668.htm

C:\Users\ferga.LAPTOP-AER3Q2L6\Downloads\rapidminer-server-installer-9.6.0\rapidminer-server-installer-9.6.0\bin

This is where the installer files lives in my system. How do I install via the terminal in windows 10?
    I pasted in the file path in cmd. See attached.
    cmd.JPG 91.1K
  • MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    @figs you just need to set the path of the file con the command line.
    You don't need the install command
    son just paste on you command promt
    C:\Users\ferga.LAPTOP-AER3Q2L6\Downloads\rapidminer-server-installer-9.6.0\rapidminer-server-installer-9.6.0\bin\rapidminer-server-installer.bat
    An that should start your installer.
    This is what I'am getting now!
    It seems that your JAVA_HOME environment variable is pointing to an invalid directory. The JAVA_HOME variable has to point to a directory which contains a bin/ directory. Please check if that's the case.

The reason why the installer is not falling back to your normal PATH binary (you used java -v in another thread) is that JAVA_HOME is prioritized for the bat installer file. I think preferably you should set the correct JAVA_HOME or unset it and just use the java binary from path.
    How do I use java binary from path?
    edited April 2020
    There are two possible options where the java binary is derived from: 1. PATH environment variable or 2. JAVA_HOME environment variable. JAVA_HOME is preferred even though PATH should already be set (that's why java -version worked on your machine). To just use the PATH option you need to remove the JAVA_HOME environment variable. Please follow instructions on the Internet on how to add, edit or remove binaries from PATH or how to manage environment variables in Windows.

Nevertheless I would personally make sure why the JAVA_HOME option failed for you in the first place. Do so by checking if your Java is installed properly, if there's a bin/ sub-folder in the given JAVA_HOME path you've set and shown above.