Options

I cannot find join operator in Rapidminer studio 9.6

mansour_ebrahimmansour_ebrahim Member Posts: 22 Contributor II
edited April 2020 in Help
Dear All
I used to use join operator to create an excel file of prediction models, but now the previous models don't run as it cannot find Join operator. Do you know the equivalent of this in the new version?
Regards.
Mansour
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello,

The operator is there, under Blending > Table > Joins. It's one of the basic operations in RapidMiner Studio preparation, I doubt it will leave the basic tools.

All the best,

Rod.
  • Options
    Dear Rod
    It's not. there are six operators there called: Append, set minus, intersect, union, superset and cartesian, but none of them is doing the same job as Join operator built in previous versions.
    Regards.
    Mansour
  • Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @mansour_ebrahim

That's strange, Did you try reinstalling the software?
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    No, just updated it to the latest version.
  • Options
    maciekmaciek Member Posts: 13 Contributor II
    I experienced the same issue - there was no "Join" operator on the list. Additionally, connections were also lost. I could start RapidMiner only with extensions disabled, and the program didn't start if extensions were enabled. It happened after I cleared some tmp files on my machine.
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist
    So technically a bit of the functionality is delivered as an extension. If there is something which prevents extensions from being loaded, then you will just not get this functionality. This includes:
    • Join
    • Most Loop perators
    • A lot of ML (DT, GBT, RF, GLM)
    • Optimization operators
    • Everything auto model related
    • FP-Growth.

Maybe this helps to understand what's going on.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany