Show process components in Webpage UI

winnwinn Member Posts: 11 Learner I
I am working on a web project (website) which integrates with RapidMiner. Is there a way to show the RapidMiner process visually with all operators on my webpage. Is it possible to do so either using Studio or Server?
Currently I only see ways to use XML and run it, but is there a way where XML can be converted to the process visually and I can display it on my webpage
Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @winn yes just export the image as JPG or SVG:

Scott
  • winnwinn Member Posts: 11 Learner I
    edited April 2020
    @sgenzer Sorry I did not add complete details of my project. I have a React App which connects to a backend API for Rapidminer processes. In the backend, I execute a python script for calling rapidminer using run_process (to execute a process xml file). So I am looking for a way in which my python script can also return the visual representation of the process (the visual components as seen on RapidMiner UI) to the client (React App). I then want to render the process visually in React. Is there a python command equivalent to Export image?
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @winn - ok wow yes that's a lot different. I have no idea. I will cc our python guru @tkenez and see if he has any clever ideas.

Scott

• tkeneztkenez Employee, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 22 RM Product Management
    hi @winn ,
    So the short answer is that unfortunately there is no support for this currently in our python package. For now, you will need to do this manually.
    The slightly longer answer is that this might not be super hard to do, so we're discussing it a bit internally. A question for you: are you running your processes using RapidMiner Studio or Server? I'm guessing Studio, but would like a confirmation.

Thanks,
    Tamas
    Hey @tkenez Thank you for your response and considering taking this up. Super glad to hear it.
    Yes, I am using RapidMiner Studio to do this currently.Β 
    Also do you have any insights on how to do this manually for now? Did you mean parsing process xml in the code and somehow trigger rendering by implement my own logic instead of using RapidMiner. Trying to understand this more
  • tkeneztkenez Employee, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 22 RM Product Management
    Hey @winn , by manually I meant using the Studio UI, but I of course understand this doesn't give you a dynamic solution. It's the best one we have, AFAIK. You can of course also look into the process XML manually, but I'll defer this to people smarter than me on this front
    @tkenez Thanks for your response. Do you have any updates on when this feature would be available from RapidMiner Python API?
    I'm afraid I can't give you a timeline yet, but it will likely take a while (months, not weeks). All I can say at this point is that I see the value in building this out in some shape or form, but we need more time to figure out how. And when.