Is there a way to optimize the Cost / Benefit Matrix in Auto Model

TycheTyche Member Posts: 6 Newbie

Hello everyone, I am relatively new to the field and currently working on a university project.

I tried to experiment a bit with the Cost / Benefit Matrix of Auto Model and was able to get more precise models.
I am now at the point where I ask myself if there is any way of optimizing the matrix by for example calculating the distribution?

The labels are distributed with 49% in the first group, 18,5% in the second and third group and 14 % in the fourth group.

Thanks for help in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    I am not at all clear what you mean by "optimize the cost matrix"---since the cost matrix is itself a measure of model performance.  Can you explain further what you have in mind?  Typically the cost matrix is something you bring to your problem from your domain knowledge, not something you are trying to solve for using the model.  
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • TycheTyche Member Posts: 6 Newbie
    edited May 2020
    Typically the cost matrix is something you bring to your problem from your domain knowledge, not something you are trying to solve for using the model. 

@Telcontar120 That's what I expected, since the domain not really has a cost assigned to the problem I was curious if there is an optimal way to configure the cost matrix based on the distribution of the attributes.