I have Java related errors when trying to install RapidMiner Studio. How can I solve this? (Ubuntu)

nunomrmnunomrm Member Posts: 2 Learner I
edited May 2020 in Help

I'm trying to install RapidMiner Studio and I'm having problems related with Java, running the installation file RapidMiner-Studio.sh in my terminal (OS Ubuntu 18.04). I think I have all the requirements to install RapidMiner. I found out I had to have Java 8 or OpenJDK 8, so I installed and configured as explained here. Also, from the same source's suggestions, I added this in the `.sh` file: --add-modules=java.xml.bind (after eval \"$JAVA\"). Like this:

if [ $# -gt 0 ]; then
eval \"$JAVA\" --add-modules=java.xml.bind $JVM_OPTIONS -cp \"${rmClasspath}\" com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher \"$@\"
else
eval \"$JAVA\" --add-modules=java.xml.bind $JVM_OPTIONS -cp \"${rmClasspath}\" com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher
fi

My OpenJDK version is this:

openjdk version "1.8.0_252"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_252-8u252-b09-1~18.04-b09)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.252-b09, mixed mode)

So, the errors I got from the installation file (after doing chmod +x RapidMiner-Studio.sh and ./RapidMiner-Studio.sh) are the following:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.rapidminer.launcher.JVMOptionBuilder
Unrecognized option: --add-modules=java.xml.bind
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

It's clear it doesn't recognize the added module java.xml.bind.

So without that added module in the .sh file, I removed it. And running, I got the following errors:

Error: Could not find or load main class com.rapidminer.launcher.JVMOptionBuilder
Error: Could not find or load main class com.rapidminer.launcher.GUILauncher

How can I solve this Java problem?

Thank you for your attention.

Answers