Polynomial to binomial special attribute

ThiruThiru Member Posts: 100 Guru
dear all,  Im trying a case to compare ROCs.  Compare ROCs does not accept polynomial special attribute and i thought
of using only two labels , i.e. binomial.  can I do this without importing modified data again?  

can anyone help?  

( In fact,  I was looking for an operator like 'select example' ( something like select attribute), so that I can select examples I want. seems it is  not available.   )

thank you. 

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
      ( In fact,  I was looking for an operator like 'select example' ( something like select attribute), so that I can select examples I want. seems it is  not available.   )
    Did you try "Filter Examples" or "Filter Example Range" for this?
    Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You can also create a new label where you map multiple values of your existing polynominal to only two new values and then predict that instead.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • ThiruThiru Member Posts: 100 Guru
    IngoRM  thanks your reply.  Using " filter example " - we can select the particular rows.  But the Rapidminer still considers the classification as polynomial and not as binomial even though it considers the rows we want for the Model classifcation.
  • ThiruThiru Member Posts: 100 Guru
    Telcontar120  , thanks for your reply.  Tried to generate new attribute.  The existing special attribute name: ' Fault '     which has  three values  'no', 'yes', 'bypass'.  Now I want to generate new attribute same as 'fault" but  without having the value "bypass"  , so that  the new attribute can become binomial.  Tried to use text information + matches  function.  It is not working.  could you pl help. thanks. 
  • varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    edited May 2020
    Hello @Thiru

When you tried using "Filter Examples", you are still seeing bypass (0) with zero values in label (Fault) statistics? If this is the issue, can you add "Guess Types" operator after the filter examples and select option "Include special attributes" and then add "Nominal to Binominal" operator selecting "include special attribute" option and select the "Fault" attribute.

I attached a sample process related to the Iris data set that has three label values, I am filtering out one value and converted the label column from Nominal to Binominal. You can import this process by going to FILE --> Import process.

Do let us know if this works.

Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You can also try adding the "Remove Unused Values" operator after you filter out the examples you don't want to include (the ones with "bypass").  Sometimes RapidMiner doesn't update the metadata after a filter, so the Guess Types by itself may still register it as a polynominal rather than a binominal.  After the Remove Unused Attributes there should only be two values left which will allow it to bet set as a binominal.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts