Options

Delete columns

sara20sara20 Member Posts: 110 Unicorn
edited May 2020 in Help
Hello 

When I want to import my data to RM at first I see RM understand duplicate columns so I can not import it to RM. It would be nice if I can import it to the RM then can delete duplicate columns. Also it would be nice if we could do association mining rule with Auto model.

regards
sara

Answers

• Options
    David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    edited May 2020

to handle duplicate column names during import you can do the following:

• Don't define a header column (depending on the actual method, there is a checkbox for that in the wizard)
    • Then delete the duplicate column (for example with Select Attributes operator)
    • Use the Rename by Example Values operator to select the first row (which contains the original header names) to get back the original names
    • Afterwards you probably need to use Parse Numbers and Nominal to Date to get the correct value types for all attributes
    Best,
    David

Edit:
    Even simpler is the option to rename the duplicate columns by hand while importing, but that's only feasible with a few duplicate names.

• Options
    sara20sara20 Member Posts: 110 Unicorn
    @David_A

Thank you very much 

This is big data and it is not possible to do any changes with hand. But other points are very useful

Regards
    sara