Operator Naming

Stefan_EStefan_E Member Posts: 53 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Nothing in RM-5 stops me from naming my operator "Perf. Test" (note the dot after 'Perf'). But if I do that, and later want to use the Log operator to log some stuff of the Performance Operator, this fails as the GUI simply doesn't accept corresponding entries.

This is not much surprising, as the dot serves as hierarchy separator in the underlying process description in XML; still, of course, it's confusing behavior without an appropriate error message - maybe the same holds for other special characters such as '>', '<', ...

Greetings - Stefan

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Stefan,
    I already stumbled over this before. And was shocked, too. :) But I thought I had solved this problem. Do you use the Release Candidate?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Stefan_EStefan_E Member Posts: 53 Maven
    Hi Sebastian,

I use 5.0.001 - is this still at candidate level or released?

Stefan
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    this is the Release Candidate. Although the functionality is (nearly) complete, we are waiting for new documentation before publishing finally.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    Hey Guys.

Another frustrating thing about naming operators is the fact that you have to confirm the name by pressing return.

Would it be easy to make a click on the process workspace to accept the changes. This always messes me up. For example in PowerPoint you just edit and click out to confirm, which is probably why I have the tendency to click out before pressing return and subsequently loose my rename changes.

-Gagi
    Hi,
    I will check if it's possible.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
    Hi,
    it was. Is solved.

Greetings,
      Sebastian