Issues with docker installation / server 9.7

kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
edited June 2020 in Help
Hi team,

Anybody that has some experience with setting up the docker installation from scratch (Ubuntu/Linux)?

I'm not really familiar with it (yet) and after a lot of struggling I managed to get the server and jupyterlab running but the default password for Grafana doesn't allow me access (Invalid username or password error message) and the docker deployment manager that is supposed to run on localhost:5080 returns a connection error

I followed the instructions on https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/deployment/templates/ with the 'generic no thrills' template just to get the default setup ready but it seems to work only partially.

Can someone confirm the default Grafana pw/login is still admin/admin and the deployment manager is still supposed to run on localhost:5080, and if so why it could fail?

Also, as I want to deploy an external database I'd like to understand (in simple terms :-)) where this needs to be modified as the templates don't seem to provide that option

Best Answer

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @kayman ,
    feel free to reach out to @hhomburg and team. We are happy to walk you through.

Best,
    MArtin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Thanks both, I'll wait a bit then to give you the chance to update everything :-)
    @mschmitz, I wanted to get it running first as the change to docker has quite some potential impact and I wanted to get a bit familiar with the process already, I do have some other additional questions for the team and will share this with Helge later onward.
  • tkeneztkenez Employee, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 22 RM Product Management
    Hey again @kayman ,

Thanks for the patience. The new templates are now live on our docs site. Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

Regards,
    Tamas

• kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Well euhm... I think I was able to get the latest version using the new templates but now I'm greeted with 'RMSSOAuthenticator error, failed to load IDP configuration' when trying to open rm. Obviously still missing something.

I'll take it to the helpdesk from here, thanks anyway for the tips and the efforts already!