Rapidminer Server 9.5 to 9.7 migration error

dvelas25dvelas25 Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited June 2020 in Help
Hello Rapidminer community,

I'm having trouble with the migration of rapidminer server 9.5 to version 9.7

The error comes when I start the upgrade process and go to the part where the install location and home directory must be specified.

When I put my current home directory, it shows me the following error: Invalid home directory! Value of 'rm.server.version' or 'rmserverversion' needs to be specifed.

If I press Install it will show me a pop up with the same error.

Anyone knows what could it be?

Thanks in advance,
David

Best Answer

• aschaferdiekaschaferdiek Employee, Member Posts: 76 RM Engineering
    edited June 2020 Solution Accepted
    Hi @dvelas25 Are you sure that '/home/rapidminer/rapidminer-server/rapidminer-server-home' is a valid RapidMiner Server/AI Hub home directory? Normally you should have a '.rms/' folder in the RapidMiner Server home directory with a file called 'app.properties'. The upgrade process reads from this file and fails if it doesn't recognize such a file. Did you upgrade from any prior version to 9.5 or is 9.5 the first version you did install?
    When you open the 'app.properties' file you see a list of properties, something similar to the following.
    rm.server.radoop.enabled=false
    rm.server.windows.service.enabled=false
    rm.server.ja.bundled=true
    rm.server.version=9.5.0
    rm.server.java.use_system_java_home_or_path=true
    rm.server.install.dir=/home/rapidminer/rapidminer-server/rapidminer-server-9.5.0
    rm.server.java.home=java
    rm.server.db.type=PostgreSQL

Answers

• dvelas25dvelas25 Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
    Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

The file you mentioned (app.properties) existed inside the directory .rms but it was empty (usually my Rapidminer server is working correctly but since trying to update it seems some things got messy). I put all the settings you send to me inside that file and everything is working smoothly again.

You can mark this as solved, thanks again!