Changing the name of an ExampleSet created by a loop collection.

Process_InternProcess_Intern Member Posts: 13 Contributor I
edited June 2020 in Help
Hi all, 

It is me again. I have a trickier question here. In my process, I have a loop collection creating me multiple ExampleSets. I would like to rename those Example Set into batch names that are growing following the iterations of my loop. As an example, I would like the first ExampleSet to be batch#1, the second to be batch#2 and the third one to be batch#3 and so that every example set is renamed to its batch number. Following this logic, I would have an operator (I don't remember the name...) that merge the "batch#" and the itteration of my loop. 
I've spoken with @sgenzer on this and he told me to get to @mschmitz because you were the man. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Process_InternProcess_Intern Member Posts: 13 Contributor I
    Here's a picture of my results. With what I am doing, I would like the name ExampleSet de refer to their batch number. In python, I would do a "For" loop that could easily rename my thing but is it doable in RM? 
    Thanks
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You should be able to use Loop Collection with the iteration macro activated and then use the Store operator inside.  Then you can specify some naming convention and the iteration macro as part of the name.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
    @Telcontar120 First of all thanks for the reply.

Also, I don't want to store my results as database. If I am to make 40 iterations, as an example, I don't want them all in different repository. I only want the names in my results to be changed. 

But, your advice is leading me in another path that should be useful later to me. When you name your file in the store operator, how do you name that with the iteration, I am talking about the format. For example, I will name my iteration macro :"aa". To name my stored data, what should I write? I was guessing something like : "batch# + %{aa}". Is that it?
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    edited June 2020
    Correct regarding the naming syntax (although you don't need the + and the spaces unless you want them in the resulting file name).  
    But if you don't want them stored, then why do you care what they are named here, as otherwise they are only existing temporarily in memory with these names? 
    Remember, you can always use the Select operator to pick just the one you want from the original collection and then save that one.
    Also to clarify, Storing them doesn't put them in a different repository (necessarily), you can specify the path of the place they should be kept.  You could put them all into a single subfolder in your existing repo and then go in later and delete the ones you no longer need.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
    Renaming them would be a faster way to get to the information. As an example, I am running the process for the last year because batch number 289 add a problem. In a year, we are making 500 batchs. Renaming them with their batch number would be faster to find the targeted batch and also to count where we are at the current moment. 

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    For Reference:
    The code where we take the object type as a name is:
    com.rapidminer.gui.processeditor.results.ResultDisplayTools;
    Line 120

final String resultName = RendererService.getName(result.getClass());

The question is, what we should use here. maybe the source? Like we do it in the Results view?

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    IS there a way to tell to the code to get the result of a previous operator?