Options

Add missing months and examples with zeros or values in a Time Series

P_SebP_Seb Member Posts: 2 Learner I
edited July 2020 in Help
Hello,

I would like to add missing examples in my time series for example with zeros. My Analysis is on sales data with montly example sets. Some of the materiales are not sold every month and so these months are missing in my data set up. In the following example I would like to add October and January with "0" for attr_3 and attr_2 and another Value for attr_1.

I have already tried "Replace Missing Values" (For Series and normal), "Impute Missing Values", with subprocesses in "Loop Values" and "Generate Values" but did not find a solution. So I hope you could help me.

I am using RapidMiner 9.7.

This is a part of my process - the picture above is generated after "Remove Duplicates":

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @P_Seb ,
    i think the operator you search for is Equalize Time Series.

Cheers,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    P_SebP_Seb Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Hi @mschmitz,

thank you for your adivice - this worked out quite easy and well. Except from writing custom values for the further attirbutes in these generated examples. I was only able to find the options below:

Is there another easy way for example to replace type numerical with zeros for one special attribute?

Sebastian