Open WordNet problem

e_grant1e_grant1 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
Hi,

I have a problem with Open WordNet. When set my sample to 300 it works, upper this number It alway display I/O error “ too many open files in system”.  I have tried to delete the extensions and reinstalled it again but the problem is still the same. 

Thanks
Elaine 

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Is it a limitation of your system memory?
    I think @mschmitz is the original creator of the Wordnet extension, so he may have some additional ideas.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    I have used WordNet extension several times without any major problems. I do not think "too many files" is a likely error from the WordNet. How do you prepare your text data? If it is in the form of examples with a text field then you will have no issues. If you are collecting your text from the directory looping over it using Loop Files, perhaps you try to open all concurrently and running out of memory, in which case try disabling parallel execution of the Loop Files. If you use Process Documents from Files and it gets stuck, try preparing your documents before hand into an example set first and then use Process Documents from Data, in which case you'd separate the concerns of data collection vs text processing, at least you'd know which one fails.