sentiment analysis question in 2 parts

wufuturawufutura Member Posts: 38 Contributor I
Hi everyone!

I am not a programmer so this will likely come across as a very naive set of two questions but here goes:
1. should I be using Rosette or Aylien for sentiment analysis of a Twitter feed?
2. i signed up for the Aylien trial period, but am several days into the 14-day free period and am beginning to panic since i cannot make heads or tails over how to make it work - as stated with the intention of connecting it up to a real time Twitter feed - then to obviously link it up to RapidMiner.

NOTE: I do not read python or any other command line language which is why i acquired RapidMiner because it allows me to work in a "no-code" environment.

Your help, your facile hand-holding, is VERY much appreciated! Richard

Best Answers

• wufuturawufutura Member Posts: 38 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted
    Very helpful.  Looking to do a non-dictionary based sentiment analysis.  So, you say I can rely on the algorithmic stemming and some word counting to come up with my own sentiment score?  Questions 1, 2  & 3. first, where in Studio do I find this "algorithmic stemming," second, how do i apply it to do the word counting to come up with my own sentiment scores, lastly will this approach work with a real time Twitter feed and not be restricted only to static databases?  Thanks again!  Your help is most, most sincerely appreciated.  Richard
  • wufuturawufutura Member Posts: 38 Contributor I
    Solution Accepted
    Good to hear that they're not offering any support because i certainly wasn't receiving any. Will switch to the Extract Sentiment Operator inside RapidMiner or alternatively Rosette or MonkyLearn if needed, as things progress from there. Short term goal right now is just to get a POC on an intuition.