Need Hand Holding!! HELP!!!

wufuturawufutura Member Posts: 38 Contributor I
Hi folks -

I was drawn to RapidMiner Studio because of its "no-code" environment from an industry outside of computer science, and hence have no programming chops whatsoever.  I'm trying to set up a simple time series prediction model with 20 attributes and 1 label upon which to predict. There are approximately 75 rows in my data. I want the window size to be 7 and to predict on the very next step.  The data is on an excel spreadsheet, is arranged by date in one column, the label is in a second column, and all other data - as attributes - are also displayed in columns.The prediction is a 2-class problem. Not a regression. I have closely followed the introductory video in how to set up a simple "windowing" operator, using alternatively SVM, deep learning & decision tree models (for no particular reason...just want to get something to work), but when i attempt to run it it complains in ways I can't possibly seem to decipher.  Can anyone help me walk through this?

I promise you my first borne...Richard

Best Answer

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi Richard,

To install the "Forecasting" extension, you have to : 
     - go to Extensions --> MarketPlace
      - enter "forecasting" in the search box and click on the "search" button
     - select the "Forecasting 0.1.2" extension and click on "Install" button

Regards,

Lionel

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Did you try reviewing any of the RapidMiner Academy videos on time series modeling?  They should help you get started with the Series operators.
    There is also a new extension called Forecasting with a pretty automated univariate and multivariate forecast operator.  You may want to try that out as well.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • wufuturawufutura Member Posts: 38 Contributor I
    Yes, have gone though all the times series videos. Still no joy.  THANKS once again for the tip off to the new "Forecasting" extension.  Problem:  I can't find it.  Is it cleverly hidden from us amateurs anywhere I'm overlooking?
    - Richard
  • wufuturawufutura Member Posts: 38 Contributor I
    Thanks, Lionel!